(Job ID# ASM19EDE121)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. (AS&M) is looking for a Full Time Electronic Design Engineer at Hampton, VA to work for our NASA Langley contract.
The Electronics Design Engineer will work at the NASA LaRC to develop new avionics and instrumentation hardware for NASA. The candidate is responsible for product lifecycle development of flight hardware from concept to production that performs under stringent aero and space environmental conditions. This work involves analyzing, designing, simulating, fabricating, testing, and conducting performance validation and verification of electronic instrumentation systems and circuit boards.
- Design, simulate, and test analog and mixed-signal circuits to ensure that performance, noise, timing, and power requirements are all satisfied.
- Develop sensor interfaces, data converters, signal conditioning, and power distribution systems.
- Ensures designs meet project objectives, environmental conditions, and interface requirements.
- Generates reports and presents design reviews different approaches for adequacy, feasibility, cost, and conformance to overall goals and best engineering practices.
- Presents results at project reviews and technical conferences.
- Performs additional data systems and analysis work as required.
- U.S. Citizenship
- BS degree or higher in Electrical Engineering from an accredited university.
- 2-8 years of experience with a broad knowledge of electronics analog/digital design engineering.
- History of designing printed circuit boards in a professional environment, examples required.
- Experience with full product life cycle development of complex systems.
- Hands on experience troubleshooting and diagnosing complex electrical systems including circuit boards.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- An ability to learn new skills and adapt to new technologies.
- Experience developing low noise analog circuitry for space flight applications.
- Ability to create schematics and PCB layouts using commercial software such as Altium.
- Ability to create SPICE circuit simulations.
- Ability to create cable designs using commercial software such as Zuken .
- Experience creating scripts in languages such as Python to interface with test equipment.
- Experience with National Instruments testing equipment.
- Experience with Shock, Vibe, TVAC and EMI/EMC testing.
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.