(Job ID# ASM18SA117)
Company: Analytical Services & Materials, Inc. Hampton, VA 23666
Available Position is a blend of financial and cost accounting with an emphasis on job-cost contract accounting and billing for NASA and DOD. Experience with Deltek Costpoint is REQUIRED. Experience in any of the support areas of employee timecard management, payroll creation, payables, general ledger, receivables, property, and statistical accumulation for budgets and forecasts will prove helpful.
B.S., Accounting, Business or Finance with experience; or extensive job-specific experience
- Analyzing current costs, revenues, financial commitments, and obligations incurred in support of preparation of cost reports, billings and audits.
- Maintaining financial records and ensuring that financial transactions are properly recorded. Reconciling ledger accounts to subsidiary ledgers and providing support in the preparation of balance sheets, profit/loss statements and other financial reports.
Specific Job Requirements
U.S. Citizen/Background Check
Candidate should be open to training – or have experience in – the following areas (Note: they are listed below in importance of most to least):
Government & Other Audits:
- Provide preparation support of annual incurred cost proposal for submission to DCAA
- Provide preparation support of annual provisional billing rate submission to DCAA
- Provide preparation support for annual financial statement audit
Billing/Revenue/Management Reporting/Accounts Receivable:
- Maintain contract master files
- Maintain billing master files
- Prepare, review or approve outgoing government invoices (T&M, FFP, CPFF, CPAF)
- Post billings to general ledger
- Prepare management reports, 533s and budgets
- Review system generated revenue calculations (T&M, FFP, CPFF, CPAF)
- Compute/review/post contract revenue
- Prepare standard and recurring journal entries
- Post labor, voucher distribution, and cash disbursements
- Perform needed account reconciliations for financial statements
- Support Month-end and Year-end closings
Timesheets / Cash / Payroll / 401k / Purchasing
- Review changes to electronic timekeeping system files and contract labor categories
- Prepare bank reconciliations and process brokerage statements
- Maintain employee master/control files & aid in processing year-end schedules, W-2s and 1099s
- Prepare schedules for compliance testing of 401K plan (Form 5500)
- Review purchase orders, approve accounts payable vouchers and authorize vendor payments
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: Starting at $65,000
How to Apply?
Details about the company are available at http://www.asm-usa.com
AS&M employment application form can be downloaded from here.
AS&M is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer.